Solo Hawaiian Papaya
This product is currently sold out.
The Hawaii Papaya delivers superior taste and unsurpassed health value.
Numerous scientific studies tout the benefits of Hawaii papayas as a perfect part of a healthy lifestyle.
They’re rich in vitamins A and C, high in potassium and fiber — and despite their lusciousness, they’re a fat-free, cholesterol-free treat you can enjoy guilt-free.
- Papayas are rich in protein-digesting enzymes that aid digestion, such as papain and chymopapain. They are also low in fat and are a good source of fiber, which has been shown to lower high cholesterol levels.
- Papayas are an excellent source of three powerful antioxidants: Vitamins C and E and beta-carotene. These nutrients help prevent the oxidation of cholesterol that may damage the blood vessel walls and eventually cause heart attack or stroke.
- In a scientific study, men who regularly ate lycopene-rich fruits such as papaya and drank green tea were less likely to have prostate cancer than those who consumed the least lycopene-rich foods.
- Vitamin A-rich foods such as papaya can help smokers reduce chances for developing emphysema.
- Other data indicates that eating 3 or more servings of fruit per day may lower risk of age-related macular degeneration, the primary cause of vision loss in older adults.
- Vitamins C and A, which are produced in the body from beta-carotene, are both needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system.